View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Frisky group here. Bekka and Bill are so cute together. Did they boff for a time? Dave Mason only gets into any of this on WE JUST DISAGREE, FEELING ALRIGHT, and DEAR MR FANTASY. It’s obvious he has no interest in singing or playing any actual Fleetwood Mac songs. Steve Thoma is whacking the crap out of the ivories as if SAY YOU LOVE ME were BORN TO RUN. These guys were reformed and struggling and should have been acting hungry. Instead, they give you the impression they’re not particularly dedicated to their newish band and they trot out a few Mac songs (six or seven?) in their too-short 90-minute set. I mean, Stevie Nicks played longer than this on her Cocaine a Little tour as a huge star.

There is a whole lotta skill on the stage in the service of blandness. It’s a variety gig from a pickup band. The year after this, folks in the audience probably said to their loved ones: “Remember we saw that strange version of Fleetwood Mac on New Year’s last year?” “Kind of, yeah. Why?” “No reason.”
Bekka and Billy were on again off again. I like that Billy ditched the western attire and mullet. Bekka looked great, too.

Billy knew this was going to be the last show. The body language, especially Dave’s, seems defeated, like they were just going through the motions. Still not a bad show, aside from Steve Thoma overplaying.

THE Stephen Hopkins