View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Lindsey mentioned that apparently he found out about Mick's change of heart through some indirect channel. Or did I misunderstand that? This was during the footage with Lindsey in the car. I'll have to review it, but it seemed that something less-than-straightforward happened there.

My impression was that initially Mick said it was a great idea, then clammed up about it. At one point Lindsey says the issue had been "sidestepped." However, in the car, Lindsey didn't say he'd found out through indirect channels. He did say that when Mick finally did tell him, he had acted like it was no big deal - like "Oh yeah, I no longer think we should do a double album. Didn't I tell you that? Sorry! Forgot to call."

Quote:
I also was curious about Lindsey's comment that Stevie might drop out after doing 40 dates on the tour and it would therefore not be cost effective. Puzzling words, which seemed somewhat out of context. Had she threatened to do that?
Yes! I noticed this too. Sure sounds like it....

Quote:
Well, they went with Needham because Stevie didn't like Chris' mixes. Lindsey seemed to instinctively know who would do the mixes that would best serve the songs. And he was afraid Chris would do an assembly-line approach that Lindsey simply didn't want, and rightly. Here is another example in which Stevie was pushing for commercial and Lindsey was pushing for what would best serve the songs.
If Stevie was concerned solely with the commercial, then she wouldn't have been open to Mark at all. I was impressed that she didn't stubbornly insist on her pick. Instead, she listened to both and made an intelligent decision based on what she heard, with consideration given to practicalities like time frame. What's wrong with that? Don't most people shop around before deciding on something? Using this to criticize Stevie as too commercial seems pretty contrived to me.

Last edited by sodascouts; 03-15-2004 at 08:27 PM..