View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Why would you think its laughable Billy would think he would get the job? He replaced Lindsey before and knows the songs. He also was friends and worked with pretty much everyone even before joining. There had to be a reason why and I want to know. There could be some issue with Billy we don't know.
Or the band has really bad memories of the Rick/Billy era?
I wish it would have been Billy and Rick so that BTM stuff would for sure have been played. But my gut tells me Mick and Stevie wanted names that people would know and more people know the names Neil Finn and Mike Campbell, AND Stevie wanted to give Mike a job after Tom passed.

However, Mick and Rick only started talking to each other again in late 2019 or early 2020. In a Peter Green tribute video, Rick Vito said he and Mick had a disagreement about politics in 2016 and hadn't talked until Mick asked him to play in the Concert For Peter Green, which would have been late 19 or 2020. Rick is a Trump supporter and I think Mick is a Democrat, but he could be an intelligent Republican like Liz Cheney.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 04-17-2024 at 06:01 AM..