View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
BTM has lots of fantastic qualities.

You can hear Christine playing keyboards (again) on so many songs and her style is revealed again and is so refreshing compared to the programmed tracks on Tango

You hear the classic Mac rhythm section again on all the songs. Even songs that are not great like Stand on the Rock, the Mac's rhythm section is fired up

Love all the vocalists singing together. Stevie and Billy. Christine and Billy. Stevie and Rick. No need to fake Stevie's voice like on Tango

I posted this before but I think half the album is excellent. Its not pop driven and holds up. The other half is not great and pulls the album down a bit.

I am in the minority but live the album cover. I understand none of them wanted to be on the cover so with that in mind what could you do. I love the mystery and so much tiny detail does tell a story.

Like Tango, Stevie brought some poor songs. In her haze, she was not writing great songs anymore and it would have been worth it to pull out an oldie.

Its comparing apples and oranges but I like BTM better than Tango. Its a group effort and Christine shines with her songs and keyboard playing. Gosh just listening to her layers or bridgey solos are amazing. You could strip all vocals and music and just listen to the keyboards on the songs and know its Fleetwood Mac. That is how dominant her style of playing is.
She dominated the BTM tour, too. Really stole the show. $tevie was in a slow dancing haze.