View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, it's kind of funny, because even though various ones have said about the other, "oh, we were never friends. We never socialized," they seemed to go to each other's houses for an occasional party at least. And they were at Eric Clapton's house and other industry functions together, but I guess after Mirage they didn't hang out anymore. It almost sounds like that if A Fine Mess hadn't come along, they hardly ever would have seen each other again. I guess there was real closeness in the beginning and it just waned. Michele

Yeah. It does seem that, after the Mirage tour time period, you don't hear much about them socializing. Well, I don't think John and Mick ever stopped hanging out. And it always seemed that Christine kept in touch with Mick and possibly John. But, even after they went through these breakups and all this emotional turmoil, lamenting how they had to be together way too much when the wounds were still fresh, they continued to spend time together even when they didn't have to.

I think they all were more important to each other and cared more about each other than they've ever been willing to admit. JMO. I don't think The Dance would've happened if that weren't the case. Christine said, more or less, that she did it because she wanted to stop with "the five" on a positive note instead of a negative one. If all of that didn't mean a lot to her, she wouldn't have bothered. Of course, the importance they had to one another is why they also had the ability to hurt each other so much.