View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
The bottom line is she did vote for it. In her defense, the intelligence was manipulated. But she condoned a rush into war.
A war the D's had been fighting for the last eight years based on just about the same evidence I just do not get all the hate for voting to hold SH's feet to the fire given that the world unanimously thought he had WMD and he defied the world more than once in refusing to live up to the end of the first Gulf War treaty. Why can't people see those facts instead of saying that W made the whole thing up.

I readily agree W rushed into war and botched it up horribly after that. But, I cannot fault him for holding SH's feet to the fire, which is what that doc says it is going to do. And, if I would hate W for that, then I readily admit that I should hate Clinton for doing and then failing to do the same thing during his presidency. Most people cannot be so consistent and instead hold Clinton in a higher regard and give him a pass because although he killed thousands of innocent Iraqi's, he never all out invaded Iraq.

But, you are incorrect, she did not condone a "rush into war." The lang. of that doc. clearly states that war was the last option and that all diplomatic channels must be resloved first, which W said he would do, make actions as if he was going to do that, and then months later and IMO prematurely stopped the diplomacy, which is where I and she disagree with W. And, she said so at the time if I am not mistaken.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-10-2008 at 07:49 PM..