View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I also much prefer Sky Is the Limit over Save Me. Save Me is rather…..prosaic?
I don’t think Save Ne was a good choice as a single release but I can understand why they did it.
Curious as to why you feel Save Me wasn’t a good choice for a first single. And what you think might have been a better choice.

By process of elimination, I think a shortened In the Back of My Mind might have been a good choice for a lead single. None of Stevie’s songs would have been hit singles, nor Rick’s, so that left Christine and Billy. Skies imo was too light and poppy for a lead single, and Behind the Mask was too dark. Do You Know is a personal favorite, but too intimate. I love When It Comes to Love and Hard Feelings, but I don’t think they would have been hits.

Save Me and ITBOMM seem like they are very radio friendly and have gravitas to get the attention the first single needs. Save Me is quite a rocker compared to Christine’s other songs. I also love Isn’t It Midnight. Im sure the band and the record label wanted a single that featured Christine or Stevie first, and hoped subsequent singles could come from Billy, but it didn’t work out that way