View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace
Well....its not like I can go to stevie and say "hey, put these on for me so I can sell them on eBay, oh right honey, you have doubled in size since that tour and they would never fit you, well then just hold them up and smile..."

I know they are authentic because I know where I got them from. I just don't understand why someone would pay $50.00 for a plain old wild heart t-shirt and they won't pay $75.00 for two hoodies that are so unique. Sigh.

I guess I just have to wait and see it they sell.
No one is suggesting you track Stevie down and have her take a photo with the T-shirts, but I thought perhaps there would be one in existance in a tour book or somewhere. The fact that you know they are authentic won't help the auction since you already own them. You need to substantiate their authenticity somehow to potential buyers. Sure you say you will tell the story to the high bidder, but if you wanted to generate more bids you should have given more details about the shirts origin. Also, it's usually a good idea to start the bidding low. If you start at a lower price and get some low bids people very often get competitive and just bid because they want to win, and not so much because they have to have what they are bidding on.

I think the reason people would pay $50.00 for a plain shirt is because most people don't want to wear something that is personalized to someone else. It's similar to autographs. Autographs that are personalized to an individual are usualy worth less then just a plain signature by the celebrity.