View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah your opinion is null and void mister

he was at his musical peak at the time. I will never ever get over that fact that the amazing most fantastic album ever by a FM member that was gonna be original Gift of Screws got watered down and drawn in the mess that's Say You Will. it's such a shame.

i did think it was interesting that she already then didn't want to join and they were thinking will she or won't she. guess nothing really changed since, just became a downward spiral. even then she was focused on solely her name and how to become a legend in capital letters that she now 20 years later finally seems to have accomplished, while the rest of them were all band first.
We agree! SYW is a mess. And we also agree that LB tried to make this a piece of art with zero cooperation (or false cooperation) from any of them. I'm humming the great WTWCT, I Don't Mind. and Peacekeeper as we speak. (all at once!!)

Also, I too wish this cutting edge music would have been on GOS. I disagree that he was peaking with cutting edge material.

Out of The Cradle was the peak for my "voided" opinion.
He thinks playing to a machine is cutting edge. Or, having someone push buttons for samples (on stage) of his guitar licks. Christine pretending to play keys is the new cutting edge. Stevie screeching into a mic on Outside the Rain last weekend is also cutting edge. Maybe it is me.

But most importantly, LOVE YOU ELLE!! (and that wasn't sarcasm)

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-11-2022 at 09:53 AM..