View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Billy has oversaturated the touring circuit, playing shows every month of every year. Stevie hasn't done an arena tour in 6 years. Billy needed Stevie in order to fill these football fields. On his own, he does 30,000 seat baseball parks.

In 2018-2019, people were going to see Stevie in FM however they were going to see Christine too because she has the hit songs. I can't point to any proof that thousands were there to see Neil Finn because I didn't hear people talking about him at the shows I went to and I didn't see CH or Split Enz shirts. Reason alone tells me Heartbreaker fans went to these shows that likely didn't buy FM tickets before, plus I met fans with Petty shirts on.
So seeing Stevie solo is different for people (not the diehards because she plays all the FM songs too) because with FM they got a lot of Chris songs, 3 LB songs, and a few pre 75 songs.

Right now, Stevie is a bigger name than FM. She's booked in the arenas FM plays with no co-headliner or opening act at prices higher or the same than FM. The kids idolize her on social media, Tik Tok, and wherever else. And I believe she has Harry Styles to thank for introducing her work to these kids.