View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really know what to say on this issue, but I'll make it up as I go.

I'm 18 years old, I weigh about 140 lbs, and I am 5.5'6.

I never realized how much of an issue my weight was to me until I started noticing that I couldn't eat whatever the hell I wanted and get away with it like I used to. I could eat an entire house and not gain a pound when I was younger. All of that has changed. I freak out a little when I gain more than 5 lbs that just doesn't seem to go away. I am super self conscious about my stomach not being as flat as it used to be. I'm not bulimic at all. I skip meals mostly because I just forget to eat something or I just don't get hungry. I'm not sure what this is exactly, but I do know that it's bad.

What I don't need is someone telling me (indirectly) is that skinny is perfect and that I need to do whatever I can to stay that way.

I'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend that could care less if I gained a few pounds...I need someone like that around, I guess.

After the topic of thinspiration came up I decided to google it and I saw some of the discussions on the forum. I got to one part of the forum that gave advice on how to purge and eating certain foods as a marker so that you will know when to stop. All of this crap is very upsetting to me because the people seeking advice on these forums are teenagers that are like 14 years old. I don't know when this **** happened where the world became fixated on what a person should look like weight-wise...especially if you are a female.

I'm done with this and hopefully the next time I come to this thread the topic of discussion won't be about weight...

This is a fairly new issue for me and...idk maybe it's just me being sensitive.

Last edited by chelluversu; 06-14-2011 at 12:20 AM..