View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post

Since Bekka was singing all the Christine songs, I'm guessing she sat this tour out?
The tour happened well before the Time album was released (the tour ended in September '95, the album was released in October '95)...and half the album was recorded during breaks in the tour.

Christine wasn't on tour with them in '94/95...mainly because she really wasn't an active member of the band at the time. She was brought back in after the original album entitled Another Link In The Chain was rejected by WB. Mick recruited Christine to record some songs to be included on the album before WB would accept the album for release (and by then retitled Time)

The only songs from the album performed on the tour were Dave Mason's "Blow By Blow" and Bekka's "Dreaming The Dream" (which replaced "Imagine" as the final song of the show sometime in 1995). Generally, the only Stevie Nicks song performed was "Gold Dust Woman", however, "Dreams" was played on a few occasions early in the tour. The "Joe Cocker song" (I'm assuming you mean "Feelin' Alright") was written by Dave Mason when he was in Traffic and is on the 2nd Traffic album...Leon Russell picked the song for Joe to cover and it's Joe's version that has become the "known" version. Since the tour started around the time of John Lennon's birthday in '94, "Imagine" was chosen to do as a tribute to John. Not really getting your comment about being "Traffic heavy"...they did two Traffic songs, only one of which was actually a well-known Traffic song ("Dear Mr Fantasy") the other the aforementioned "Feelin' Alright". I'm guessing that you meant that the set was "Dave Mason heavy", since there were a few of his "Hits" in the set (since he was a very successful solo act of his own for a time), like "We Just Disagree" & "Only You Know & I Know"....plus his Dylan cover "All Along The Watchtower".

The 1994/95 touring band personnel:

Mick Fleetwood: drums/percussion
John McVie: bass
Billy Burnette: guitars, vocals
Bekka Bramlett: vocals
Dave Mason: guitars, vocals
Steve Thoma: keyboards, backing vocals

Last edited by chiliD; 03-02-2011 at 01:34 PM..