View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Registered

Tonight, I was lazy- Heated up for my parents a grocery store bought Quiche Loraine, 90 seconds in the microwave, with french onion soup from Costco,which comes frozen in circular plastic wrap encasements and is very tasty, micro time I think is 8 minutes, but I didn't want it tonight. Diet 0 sugar gram Tea was their beverage. That was their dinner.
I changed one bed, told my dad he could too remember whether or not he had cancelled his doctor appointment tomorrow, and he said he'd call the doctor tomorrow and let me know at 12:30 and to shut up, if he wants to say he can't remember, then I can let him do that.
I came home and microwaved a jumbo cookie with colorful peanut M&Ms in it for 11 seconds, had half a glass of non fat milk and half an alprazolam. That was my dinner. Had a good but easy workout shoveling light snow for 45 minutes, which killed most of my appetite, so the cookie was perfect. Unhealthy, yes. Tasted good.
Breakfast I'm going to do egg-white omelets with mushrooms and provolone and have a piece of garlic toast. May put garlic in the omelets, too. Garlic makes me feel like I have extra strength, and yes, I brush my teeth afterwards.
What are the most fun foods to cook? I want to cook something fun, soon.
I used to find lasagna (lasagne) fun to make. I heard an Italian cook share a secret years ago- Make meatballs before you begin the lasagna, with ground beef, sausage and pork, and of course, chopped or minced garlic. Then, as you 'build' your lasagna, crumble up the meatballs (or slice them with a knife) and place over the ricotta mixture but with extra cheese and light on the tomato sauce as you layer it, then extra sauce and big meatball pieces covered with cheese as the top layer. Works nicely and tastes great.
Lots of steps, though. What's fun?