View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Thank you To All For The Responses. MORE FM THOUGHTS, Takes

Hello

Thank you to all who have responded to my threads, It is very nice and interesting to see other peoples takes on things. Considering there isn’t much FM news at this point, it’s been nice to see some active threads

Now, this one:

. I can understand that you can’t judge everything by the sales, sans LB solo career, but at the same time FM has to be measured by sales sometimes, considering they have sold, and let’s face it, at the end of the day, it is your intent to see records.

. I will have to admit that regardless of what the Eagles did on their last album, whatever they did, worked times millions. It is sad because FM with SYW couldn’t even come close to that success that The Eagles had, and I still wonder why to be honest. OF course, thanks goodness FM didn’t sell out to Country like the Eagles have

. I don’t understand how some people can say that Tusk bombed , didn’t sell and yet justify SYW sales. I mean, Tusk sold 4 million, heck, even if it is 2, million double records vs. a album that has not even sold 1 million. The argument just doesn’t seem to hold water to me

. I will admit, that I am very happy for Mick and his Blues Band. Honestly, when I heard what he was doing and who with, I really did laugh it off, and even when I heard he was up for a Grammy, I didn’t really think much of it. But, after seeing the DVD and listening to CD, was pleasantly surprised, It was real good and even though I am no fan of Vito, I was impressed with him. Weird, how Mick of all people is the one who actually had a success of a record, DVD, etc, I never would have saw that one coming

. I had the opportunity to take friends to see LB live, and even though they still didn’t per say enjoy his style of music, they did state that he was super talented, and they got his autograph after the show, and said they were shocked how nice and humble he was. I have so much respect for the man, after all these years, he is so down to earth and humble

. Mirage was only 18 shows, yikes, that’s less than I though. Mirage was a #1 album, I wonder what would have happened had they stayed on the road for a while

. I read SN Rock a Little tour book from 1985, and she actually had LB included in the special thanks. That shocked me, I thought they hated each other sans 1985 time

. It’s weird how SN needs so many musicians to help her, etc, especially on her early records, and yet LB Is able to do it on his own. Better or worse, I always found that much more impressive compared to SN solo sales

. I don’t understand why FM doesn’t end the Chain Live with the solo, like during the Rumours or Tusk tour days. I so appreciate the Chain ending, when they are live, where LB just goes crazy. I mean, The Dance chain beginning and middle is good, but never liked the ending. They could rock it out

. Why hasn’t FM received some sort of life time achievement from the Grammys. I mean, heck, they give it to other acts who aren’t as deserving.

. I wonder if FM has every worked with Bruce Springsteen

. I think Bruce And The E Street Band should double bill with FM. Awesome. 2 best band ever. And good luck bashing the Boss, you simply wouldn’t have the numbers to back it up. His albums are always or mostly at #1 , so don’t even try