View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Did you read the Keith article, in Rolling Stone, a couple of issues back? He talks about how he's not been an addict for like 30(?) years, but the whole world STILL ASSUMES that he's a junkie.
It's just part of his image, I guess.

But yeah, it's strange to see how handsome he was, when he was young, and how bad he looks now. Then, look at Steven...he could pass for 40-45. Time is much kinder to some...
I didn't, but I'll have to see if it's online somewhere. That's actually really surprised me. I thought that maybe he would have finished with the drug side of things, but he always looked to me like the a typical alcoholic. I guess because I've known so many, I see the signs in people. But more power to him for being clean!

I suppose alot of it comes down to genetics. Some people are just predisposed to look youthful. Although most hate me for it, I seem to have that trait. I'm 22 but people have great trouble believing that I could even be 16 (I know this because many a time I've tried to buy a lottery ticket and they've dismissed me completely). I must say that I use this to my advantage occasionally. Now and again people on the street try to stop me, asking my age and if I can take part in a survey. I'm almost sick of people believing me when I tell them I'm 12. The first time I did it I was taking the wee week, thinking they'd see the funny side. Apparently they didn't and just let me on my way. It's not funny (well...much lol).