View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
This is, BTW, the most positive review of Mick's book I've heard. I've considered reading it, but heard it was dull and unreliable. You recommend it, though?
I strongly recommend it. I found it far more interesting and enjoyable than Bob Brunning (a good book, too) and Carol Ann's.

I couldn't detect unrealiable info. The most controversial episode (at least controversial for ledgies, as I recall all those threads) was the day Lindsey left the band, August 7, 1987.

Several ledgies said it was impossible Lindsey reacted that way, even that Lindsey grabbed Stevie and slapped her. But I never found any interview where the members denied that. In fact I found where Stevie talks about it and describes the angry situation (something about she would call her brother if he touches her again). And John also confirmed he said to Lindsey I think you'd better leave now. Though he meant the room, not the band ha haa.

Mick's description about Lindsey & John didn't go along the first sessions was also confirmed by themselves. Lot of info was confirmed. Maybe he exaggerates some points and numbers, the typical emotion and because he always loved that band, but I don't find it dull and unreliable at all.

Last edited by Villavic; 12-06-2010 at 04:48 PM..