View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When 3 people want to do a Mac album and one person doesn't, I blame that one person. She should have used Dave Stewart to get some writing done (he seems to have that affect on people, e.g., Bryan Ferry)--and then, like Ferry, take those songs to geniuses (e.g., Rhett Davies or THE MAC)--and make a great album out of it. I am only assuming, but I do assume, that Lindsey put together a solo album because he wasn't gonna twiddle his thumbs waiting and/or he had gotten some material ready for a Mac album; either way, this productivity could have been folded into the Mac as well. I feel it's our loss because they don't work with better musicians than John and Mick and because Stevie and Lindsey improve each others' songs (by virtue of their work on those songs and by virtue of their placement next to each other on one disc...and by virtue of the band's selective process for the tracklisting). PLUS, I'd rather see them on tour again than see them solo. So I blame Stevie. Others might thank her! But I agree with chili, it's time to put up or shut up with these two/four.

DID I MENTION: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LINDSEY ALBUM!!!???!!!????

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.