View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Anyone have any first hand memories of this era of the band? Concerts, TV, radio shows?
The first time I saw Fleetwood Mac live was at the taping of Don Kirshner's Rock Concert TV show in August 1974 at the Long Beach Center Theatre. They pretty much played their basic concert set....only 4 or 5 songs actually made it onto the air when the show was actually broadcast:

I seem to recall:

Black Magic Woman
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Green Manalishi
Bermuda Triangle
Rattlesnake Shake

I have it on VHS, but it has been a while since I've watched it. Unfortunately, I never got any screen time during the crowd shots (I was way in the back, last row)

And, then in December '74, I saw them again in a real concert setting at the Long Beach Arena (just across the lobby from the Center Theatre). Climax Blues Band opened. Played a great set, since I worked in a record store at the time, I bought two or three of their albums the next day. Then Fleetwood Mac came on....WOW! They played seemingly for 2-1/2 hrs. The basic set (what I call "the basic set" is what is on the bootleg Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up?)....also interspersed in the set were "Coming Home", "Station Man", "Homeward Bound", "Just Crazy Love", "Jewel Eyed Judy", "Get Like You Used To Be", "Jumping At Shadows" (w/Christine on lead vocal), "Night Watch" (Mick's African Talking Drum solo vehicle)

Not sure if this was Bob's exact "last show", but it was pretty close to being the last show of the tour.