Default Love for FM circa 1970-1974

I go through seasonal periods of love and fascination for these albums:
Kiln House
Future Games
Bare Trees
Penguin
Mystery to Me
Heroes are Hard to Find

Wow -- five albums in five years! Such unprecedented productivity and such a wealth of music at a time when Fleetwood Mac was in constant flux and transition at every turn.

Random notes/thoughts:

Christine appears vocally on the Kiln House album, and joins the touring band. Jeremy Spencer disappears and Peter Green steps in temporarily to finish the tour, but refuses to play anything but jam sessions.

Christine McVie and Bob Welch become official members for Future Games. This line up lasts long enough to record another album - Bare Trees.

Danny Kirwan, in a very sad state, is fired from the band. Bob Weston replaces him. In an ill-conceived move, the band decides to hire a front man - Dave Walker. Penguin is born. This is their biggest line-up: six members!

Dave Walker proves to be a blip in history. Mystery to Me emerges. I think this version of the band was very strong. Bob Weston was a great guitarist. It's a tragedy that he screwed up by screwing Mick's wife. So long Bob!

Now down to a foursome, the band recolcate to LA. They nearly fall into obscurity with Heroes are Hard to Find. The touring band includes another keyboard player - insert name here! Then Bob leaves and the Age of Rumours begins.

All of these albums re-emerge in the wake of Rumours. Unsuspecting fans buy these albums and are confused by the absence of Lindsey and Stevie!

Random notes/thoughts end here.

I have some wonderful bootlegs from this era. A lot of rare songs were performed, especially many from Jeremy Spencer. I'm primarly interested in the album tracks that were performed. Here is the list I have:

Station Man
Tell Me All The Things You Do
Jewel Eyed Judy
One Together

Future Games
Morning Rain
Woman of a Thousands Years

Child of Mine
Spare Me A Little of Your Love
Homeward Bound
Trinity - outtake
Sentimental Lady

Night Watch

Believe Me
Hypnotized
Why
Miles Away ( I don't have song on a bootleg - just saw it on utube)

Coming Home
Angel
Bermuda Triangle
Bad Loser

The list above is culled from the bootlegs I have from the tours for Kiln House, Future Games, Bare Trees and Heroes are Hard to Find. Are there bootlegs out there for the Penguin and Mystery to Me tours?? Is there evidence of other album tracks that were performed? Please help this obviously obsessed fan!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-01-2010 at 11:34 PM..