View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
If the formation of a pure cash-cow oldies band was his only motive, don't you think he could have partnered up with someone a bit more high-profile than Rick Vito?
Like ZZ Top, Meatloaf or Boz Scaggs you mean? Actually in terms of decent commerical decisions Mick hasn't made many in his time. The only reason he hired Stevie Nicks was because Lindsey came with her - and hiring those two people was probably the best decison he ever made (other than joining up with PG and that was probably because he didn't have any better offers at the time).

Quote:
If FM were history, Mick's best commercial bet would be trading on McVie & Nicks & Buckingham songs, don't you think? I'm sure he could find a way to do so.
I think it was called the Unleashed Tour or whatever name they gave it. I expect to see something of the sort in about five years once MFBB has run its course and FM is well and truely finished.

Quote:
Ouch, that smarts! , hearing the MFBB called a random spin-off band. Obviously I think they deserve more credit than that.
They are a talented bunch of guys, Rick does justice to the old PG songs. No doubt about it. I immensely enjoyed the album and DVD. I'll give them more credit though if the next album isn't loaded up with Peter's stuff and songs that are lifted straight from Rick's solo albums.

Quote:
And as far as Mick's wine label, what could be more relevant to Mac history than alcohol?
Mick Fleetwood Private Label Cocaine

Quote:
Anyway, if you decide to export the Kimber Chips, please let me know. They might just go great with the Mick Fleetwood wine.
Nah they might just taste a little bitter