View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I've recently discovered "Krautrock". It's very heavy German progressive rock. Think of early 70's Yes, and Black Sabbath sending a stork baby to the front door. I wonder during that infamous night in Munich he was jamming with local German "Krautrock" musicians!?! What Mick, John, and Jeremy fail to understand is that Peter Green was seeking out new ideas, and new forms of rock music. It's no wonder after that night in Munich Peter Green becomes a wah pedal fiend guitarist. Of the existing Fleetwood Mac tapes from post Munich 1970, Peter Green was the greatest guitar player on the planet. This proves that acid didn't ruin Peter Green while he was in FM. The true trigger happened after he left the band.
while i do like the looser jammier 1970 fm and the subsequent solo material including end of the game and the post fm singles, i don't think this was when pete was at his very best. instead it seems like the beginning of the end of his creative period. maybe even a reflection of his illness. he abandonned the less is more approach, and the structure that made him such an expressive player and writer. wandered off pursuing creative expression that wasn't as expressive as what he had already done

ok i'll add the 'mario' disclaimer, in my humble opinion! zero