View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
OMG - I have now compared this recent clip with the Splintergroup one, and it is almost painful to watch! Yes, there is a certain lick that is back in the Hellendoorn version, but also I think that it has the "fat fudgy" sound (I only have thís metaphor for it) of the old Les Paul (or rather the combination of PG and the LP).
I agree with mzero. I don't believe in a FM reunion. They are too far apart in every way, and Peter is not very consistent in his playing - a "a trait" since 1970? And I don't think PG is able to play if he doesn't feel safe or well (as Mario also implies with "the smaller the band the better it is for Peter...").

Mario I think that NW - like a lot of people - was sad at what PG's illness did to him and wanted PG to be the way he remembered him way back, and that he - in vain - tried to press him into that mould, which of course was doomed from the start. He genuinely wanted to help Peter in 1995, but things got out of hand with growing ambition. It would be nice to get a sober and objective account of the years in Splintergroup and what happened after. How did he recover from it? What is it that works with Mike Dodd? (Mike Dodd was a researcher on the Man of the World DVD). Maybe we will get this if there is a follow up on the biography (Hello there, are you reading this, Martin Celmins?")

I just noticed: I am addicted - probably have been for months without noticing it!

And of course: HAPPY NEW YEAR - Y'ALL!!!

Ms Moose
Ms.Moose: what is it that works with Mike Dodd? Well, they have a real friendship...that with NW was an ill one......Peter was like a prisoner.....

Mario.