View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I must admit, with all this negative yammering from Stevie lately, I do wish she'd retire, and Christine step back up to the plate. There's no sense of Stevie being in the band if she's not happy personally or musically. Add to the fact that Christine's and Lindsey's latest solo albums from this decade are the best of their respective careers, and it does make for a good argument for Christine to step into Stevie's shoes. However, that will never happen... and it's unfortunate.
I'd be extremely excited about a Christine/Lindsey album. Unfortunately, I don't think it would work in concert. I mean, it would work for me, fine. But Fleetwood Mac would leave with empty pockets and bruised egos. So, no tour, but Christine and Lindsey on an album? Bring it on.

I disagree about ITMT being Christine's best solo work though. I found most of the album pleasant, but the 2 songs that gripped me weren't written by her. So, maybe Dan could work with them, he could be like Eddie was on Tango.

I like Christine's second solo outing the best. But I agree that her voice has improved with age as have her interpretative skills. You take Lindsey on Bel Air Rain and Christine on Calumny and put that kind of emotion, reflection and wisdom of experience together on new songs -- it would be mindbending.

Michele