View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Yes, thanks for the correction: Mick Green from the Pirates!

I remember reading an interview with The Raven, where he seemed to remember that Peter played bass on either Chinese White Boy or Post Modern Blues. I can't remember which. It could be both of course, but if I had to pick one, I'd go for Chinese White Boy. It has a pretty loose bass line (that I believe Peter of the 80's would settle with ), while Post Modern Blues has a more rehearsed bass part.

Regarding the Eprom Song I'm arrogant enough to say that I spotted it myself, and I believe it's correct!
Not the "phased" guitar riff in the intro... But during the "refrain"/"chorus" of the song ("...evermore shall be so..." or what the heck he's saying) there are some clean guitar tones (together with a kalimba thing in the background). Then later, at around 2:20 and to the end, that guitar plays some jazzy lead. Only Peter Greenbaum plays like this. Only him!
It's very good actually, and listen to that final note plucked!!!

-Daniel
Inexplicably I don't have the CD with me so I can't listen. But it says in the Martin Celmins biography that Peter only plays on "Chinese White Boy". I do think though that with sessions like this, people are very bad at remembering who played on what!