View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yes, Christine has said things about "lezzies" and "poofters" in a few places--the former in a People magazine article from 1976!

Bob Welch has said she was downright sarcastic and that this could be quite funny and amusing--if you were on the right side of it. But remember too that Bob Weston felt she, as well as the other Brits in the band, had become "impossible" with their newfound success. I imagine Christine calmed down once she stopped using cocaine and once the mega-success of the band had run its course (around 1988). Most of her sidemen insist she is great to work with and very down to earth.

I interpret her caustic, even rude comments as a manifestation of some insecurity--of which I suspect she has many. But then I don't know her personally, so who knows? She once complained that she worked with "bitchy" people in that department store before Stan Webb rescued her. Perhaps she was projecting? Perhaps she has always been one of those "bitchy" people herself?

Oh, and she is NOT one to talk about bad fashion choices.
I don't know about her fashion sense, but someone needs to tell her that her fried hair in 1976 (see Midnight Special) was pretty fûcking stupid.

Is that article the one where she said something about being weirded out by female fans? There was one where she said she found it weird that she had all of these "female groupies" lining up for her, but "not sexually - thank god!"

Chris didn't do much cocaine though, did she? I always thought she was more about pot and alcohol.