View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
This is interesting digging through my old stuff! Just wondered what you all think of my latest and last?
I cited "Psychic Waste" as my favorite recent track. I'm no expert, but I assume that made its first appearance on Precious Little (GORGEOUS title track, by the way -- more back-up singers!! ).

What I love about "Psychic Waste" is that, despite its throwback sound, it really feels like a contemporary Blues song. Like another "pastiche" piece, Rick Vito's "I Got A Hole In My Shoe," it speaks to the moment. I thank Jeremy Spencer (you?) everytime I see a nihilistic movie like The Dark Knight or Wanted or Wall-E because the song articulates my distress: "We get so used to mutiliation that we no longer flinch or shed a tear!"

You referred to your "latest and last." I assume that means: Precious Little and In Session. Wonderful companion pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Fantastic...My favourite song off PL is Maria De Santiago...
Great song too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Wow! Talk about reviving a dead thread! Good job, people!

I meant to follow up with ChiliD as well on this. Your list on the thread was made prior to Precious Little and In Sessions. Would you revise? How so?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-04-2009 at 03:25 PM..