View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Paradiso Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Well, as for following the setlist, they turned Stranger Blues and Off The Hook around, but that's all.

Sorry I missed you at the show, don't know what you look like. I was standing in the middle at the right of the hall, just behind the old fireplace. That gave me the opportunity not to have anybody in front of me and thus interfering with the music getting to the microphone. I wore my GREENY T-shirt.

As for the show, during the show I felt Peter had been much better as a vocalist as well as a guitar player during his Splinter Group period. Now that I've listened to it again, I'm not as critical anymore. However, I still feel that the Splinter Group was much better at supporting Peter as well as taking lead. Mike Dodd's voice is not as powerfull as Nigel Watson's. Also he did not do any lead guitar. When he made a false attempt to the second verse of Off The Hook, he did not just proceed, making the band having to follow him. He actually apologized, which he did quite often, saying it was only their second gig. This is IMO rather amateuristic. I mean, who in a regular audience would ever notice???

The next day I walked around in Amsterdam and suddenly Peter end Mike crossed my path. Although still wearing my GREENY T-shirt I did not have the nerve to speak to him. I was afraid he might ask me what I thought of the show. I'd hate to have to lie, or to have to tell him (and Mike) what I really thought of it at the time.

Anyway.... I have my recording ready. Just wondering how to get it to you all. I don't know how to transform to a torrent file and upload.
Anybdy got any suggestions?
Thank you very much, Wouter! I was standing at the right side too, but close to the stage wearing a large orange scarf. I know that music is actually better heard at the back, but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to see anything if I didn't get close to the stage (the dutch seem very tall!). I knew that PG is usually standing at the right side of the stage (from the audience point of view) but I hadn't counted on him sitting almost sideways, so I couldn't see his fingerwork proberly or the print on the guitar, but it gave me a pretty good view of the dynamics on the stage. Compared to my memory of Splintergroup - where Peter seemed to want to hide most of the time - it didn't appear like that here. He seemed more relaxed and part of things.

I had never been to a concert in Amsterdam and did not know the building. I had brought case for The Anthology for him to sign (as I could not drag my entire record/cd collection with me on a plane) but it was hopeless getting near him. A good thing maybe if they want to keep him away from stress and horrible fans I can understand your reluctancy about contacting him on the street.
I never noticed the GREENY T-shirt! I would certainly have asked were you got that from if I had! What is it?

Thanks for all the trouble you have had recording it and now trying to distribute it to all us grateful ledgies.

Ms Moose