View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post

Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull - Not as bad I have heard. Kinda fun.
I saw this in the theater and really liked it - and I don't generally care for action/adventure movies. Temple of Doom is still my least favorite out of that series.

I've just now started back watching my Netflix movies - I kept the same three for close to a year.

I just got 3 new ones today:

La Notte (1962 - sounds like an Italian "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" but we'll see)
Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955 - starring Jennifer Jones & William Holden - in Technicolor )
Girl with a Pearl Earring (2003 - artsy Scarlett Johansson thing)

Ones I recently watched:

Sunset Boulevard ***** (Excellent) - this one never gets old for me.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes **** (Really Good)

Pat and Mike *** (Good) - cute Katharine Hepburn & Spencer Tracy thing - not the greatest movie ever made, but it was cute.

Captain from Castile **** (Really Good) - Technicolor epic starring Tyrone Power - I got it because I wanted to see Cesar Romero in something besides Batman.

Cleopatra **** (Really Good) - the Claudette Colbert version from 1934. CC is great in this, and they told the story in under two hours, unlike the Taylor/Burton version.

Song of Bernadette **** (Really Good) - I really loved this movie, but I totally understand why Jennifer Jones played tramps in her next three films.

The Private Lives of Elizabeth & Essex *** (Good) - Bette Davis looks so great in this, but the ending drove me nuts; they had me right up until the last 15 minutes or so - I hated the way they had her beg him to not march off to be executed. It's definitely a product of its time, but I'm knocking off an asterisk for it (and for Erroll Flynn, who was like the Ricky Martin of Old Hollywood).