View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I think this is the most precise description of what happens in the clip.

Do you mean The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame footage that Dino mentions below? That used to be on YouTube, but dissappeared after a while - unfortunately. As far as I remembered - and off course the sound is very very bad on these bits of footage - Carlos was trying to get Peter Green go into the usual "guitar duels" but is not very succesfull, because he is somewhere else musically and mentally and probably scared stiff (In the Mojo interview he says that: "I am a bit worried about going on stage. I always feel inadequate then.").

Ms Moose

I'm glad my memory hasn't failed me. I remember watching it over ten years ago on VH-1. Peter Green was playing at the side of the stage, and Carlos tried using hand gestures to get Peter to solo a few more bars. As I remember he looked out of it, and not in sync with the band.

I know Brian Wilson had severe stage fright, and as with Peter Green was probably made worse with hallucinogens. Back in the Mayall days Green certainly didn't feel "inadequate" on stage.