View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I am still to this day baffled by the songs that ended up on Tango. Stevie had SO much good material that she could have used for that album. Why didn't Joan of Arc make the cut?? She also had quite a few good songs left from the Mirror, Mirror album which she shelved 2 years before.

For the record, I think Lindsey made some blunders with his songs too. Why didn't he use You and I pt 1? It was SO much better than pt 2. Make Me A Mask was another amazing song that should have made it on the record. Christine could have had Heart Of Stone included too. Tango has some great music, and is a great album as a whole... but it could have been so much better with some tweaking.

For the record, I do think When I See You Again is an artistic triumph for Stevie though. I think the way she sings the song absolutely and totally captures the utter heartache and devastation she's writing about. It may not be her prettiest vocal by far, but I think her vocal truly gets across what she's going through. I even like the line "and she stares at the stairs, there are so many things to stare at these days." To me, that line alone captures the devastation she's going through. We've all been that way after a particularly hard breakup before. I do have an issue with Welcome To The Room Sara though... the production is just too bubbly for the serious subject matter of the song.
What is the subject matter of that song?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.