View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Yeah, I hear that. Someone said it was the most "pop" thing that Lindsey's ever released solo, but I find it to be in the same vein pop-wise as Trouble or Countdown, which is vintage Lindsey, and that I can not complain about. I'm a huge proponent of experimentation and great rock singles as well, but Lindsey's been there, done that and I say he deserves to bring back a little commercial- and possibly get some airplay as a result.

'Course, I'm saying this with the mindset that the rest of the album will have more of the "rock" that was mentioned, even if just 2-3 songs. Yay!!! So excited...
I'm not trying to argue. I just think that "Trouble" and "Countdown" were also "throwback" songs (like "Oh, Diane"). "Did You Miss Me," thus far, does not strike me as a throwback. I listen to that clip on Amazon and it reminds me of something that I can't quite place. But something "contemporary."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.