View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
But you're American. I don't think you're going to get the same view as someone actually living in another country looking in. And to be fair Strand, a lot of that "America is the the undisputed leader of the world" arrogance is the exact reason why people hate the US.
I say America is the undisputed leader of the world because that is a fact. What other country provides the aid America does? Who do nations run to first? Who usually is first to provide aid? What other country leads like America does? So, factually, I am correct. If not - let's see the proof. So, whether people see that as arrogant is beside my point here. Though, I made the point earlier that I think people resent America for having that position. Is it the saying of it that pisses people off or seems arrogant - I guess so.

In the end, I think at times that America would be better off stopping all aid and going back to isolationism. Then, who would hate us. Likely, I suggest, even more people. So, America cannot win for losing so to speak.

Here is a cool article on the progession of America's leadership in the world:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6807/wleader.html

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-04-2008 at 12:24 PM..