View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
He cannot and will not win the general election. He is a one term senator with little real experience. Mainstream America sees him as either a devotee of a church that supports Louis Farrakahn or even worse, a Muslim.
I think it's wonderful that the Dems are willing to nominate an African American and or a woman for president. But that is also one of the party's fatal flaws. It sometimes has too tight a grip on it's idealism.
I have a very bad feeling about this. I think it's going to make the McGovern and Dukakis bids look like a pony ride. I hope I'm wrong about all of this.
He didn't even complete his one term! And most of that time he voted "present." I do think all of this talk about him being Muslim and supporting Farrakhan is rather silly. However, if his whole campaign is based upon his ability to make good decisions, his associations are not helping matters.

I fear that the damage has already been done and that the Dem party will be too divided to get it together by November. As much as Clinton has been accused of being divisive, look at Obama's tactics! All of this taunting and bullying Clinton to drop out of the race, even though he has not secured the nomination and she is barely behind him in the popular vote, did not exactly give Clinton supporters the warm and fuzzies. And the fact that Obama chose to ignore the MI and FL Dems is quite telling- he operates based on what is best for him rather than on what is best for the people. If the tables were turned, and they were talking about not seating the NC and Georgia delegation, you know Al Sharpton would be rioting in the streets. And the mainstream media has helped create the illusion of this golden child and has made it appear that he was somehow winning in a landslide, even though he is only ahead by a couple of percentage points in the popular vote. No matter the outcome, unless there is a "dream ticket" of Obama-Clinton or Clinton-Obama, I think there is going to be a lot of angst and party defection. It truly is disgusting how this has all played out, and IMHO, I think the Obama camp shoulders most of the blame.