View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know, we live in a new world and with so many fan bootlegs being easily circulated today, I think performers ought to put out a live DVD each and every time they do anything -- sneezing included. I mean, there are going to be boots floating around anyway. Why not have one clear, pristine, official version of every tour you do, just for the historic record? No one is buying this stuff anyway, so is there really a gigantic fear of over-saturating the market?
That's a very good point - however, putting something like this out through Warners is essentially a waste of money. He should sell these things privately at concerts or through his website, I'm sure he'd make more out of it then.

But then this is Lindsey and the thought of him selling a release of a concert played on the very same tour is an impossibility - the instant live thing is fit for bands who have no need to polish everything to perfection.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up