View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
In the U.S. we use "total" -- as in, that car was totalled in the accident. It's short for a "total loss."

As for Chris and Dennis Wilson, all I can say is Chris is much better off with nobody than she would be with Dennis. What a shame that someone as talented as he was would throw his life away by using drugs.

I have no intention of reading this book, but I'm glad for threads like this one that keep me informed on what it says about Christine.
I found the book reasonably interesting although I got fed up with the way she portrayed herself as the "country girl" led astray by the wicked rock 'n rollers. If she quoted him correctly Lindsey's comments about "using all his best ideas on Stevie and Christine's songs" made me cross. And as I've said before the constant descriptions of the drug taking I found tedious. Maybe they found the drug taking tedious and that's why one by one they stopped. I can't imagine how much damage they all did to themselves and as for Ms McVie - snorting coke while driving. Jesus she was lucky the worst that happened to her was total embarrassment. I must admit I think it served her right.

Gail