View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am reminded of a John Mellancamp concert I went too a few years back. He basically regurgitated his hits note for note...totally boring.
EXACTLY the same as how I felt after seeing the Eagles back in 1976...I could've saved the money and listened to their albums. Fleetwood Mac always seemed to take their songs to new places live (main example, "Not That Funny"...its almost a completely different song live than the stodgy studio version on "Tusk"). But, I really don't think Lindsey, Stevie, Mick & John are the type to really stretch out like the Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac did...don't think we'll be hearing any 25 minute versions of "Rattlesnake Shake" on this coming tour! Maybe a 30 minute VESTurbation solo from Mick during "Not That Funny", again, though!

Quote:
Concerning his speeches on the Dance tour...consider this; most of the people at those shows probably weren't as into the band as we are here so they may not have heard those scripted speeches before.
But, they were the same speeches as "The Dance" VIDEO, too. I could understand if they were the same at each show of the tour, but at least make them different from the video.

Lindsey's just gotten really stiff when it comes to talking (he WASN'T that way back between 1975-77)...and he sounded equally nervous at the end of the tour when I saw them as he did during the video taping (which I could understand since it basically was their first live performance together in 15 years). Whereas, by comparison, Paul McCartney did the same schtick between the same songs at every stop on HIS tour, but he made it sound each night like it was the first time he'd ever said those things, PLUS he made it seem like he was talking to close friends in his living room, not 25,000 people in an arena.