View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 11:33 AM

Quote:
The fact that this happened to the Vancouverites -- who don't see Fleetwood Mac much -- is a bummer.
Yes, David, it was a bummer all right. I'll never forget getting off the skytrain at Stadium Station and seeing all these grumpy people getting ON the train. "Show's been cancelled," they said. I just wouldn't believe it. I'd waited in line for hours to get these great seats, too. I'd been so pumped. What a letdown.

Anyway, we went to a bar and drank and bitched the rest of the night. I guarantee you we did not toast the band.

As for the reason(s), I heard so many conflicting stories in the press that I just accepted we'd never really know why. I must admit, I was anti-FM for a while after that, especially since the rumors seemed to center on Stevie just not wanting to go to Canada. I don't believe that now, but at the time I was angry enough to believe anything.

By the way, someone posted earlier that LB hadn't played outside of the U.S. for 20-some years. Technically, that's not true. As I've described here before, he played an absolutely mind-blowing show at the Commodore in Vancouver in the early 90s. Very intimate setting and just a stellar performance. The press raved about it for days, saying that the small audience that attended got the show of a lifetime. I'll never forget it, for sure.