View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

DAMN IT!! It's not a friggin' "Bongo"...it's an African Talking Drum...the one he bought from Peter Green!!! (or more correctly, the one that Peter Green MADE him buy from him. Mick borrowed it so often that Peter got tired of loaning it to him, so Peter made him pay for it!)

And, I LOVE it when he gets to strut his stuff out front with it. Especially, on the Time tour when he played it on the intro of "Gold Dust Woman" with Billy playing dobro...WAYYYYY cool! It's the damned "Vest-urbation" solo that's annoying as hell. It was fun the first couple of tours, but after that, "Oh God...Help Me!".

"Blue Letter" is by far my favorite tune on the album...J. McVie's bass playing on that is magical. And, for those who've heard the Curtis Bros' original recording, Fleetwood Mac's blows it outta the water. The Curtis Bros version sounds like an Eagles tribute band attempting to play "Blue Letter". Yawn!

Call me picky, but it's "Monday MORNING" as in "before noon", not "Monday MOURNING" as in "a funeral on the first workday of the week:.