View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Black as night...

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
World Turning - I like the album version of this song, it rocks. But I don't like the live versions because they just go on and on and on.....I'm sure many people like the idea of Mick Fleetwood going out on the front of the stage with more coke in him than the drinks dispenser at the movies and banging on a drum like a madman...but it does nothing for me other than to press "fast-forward" or "skip
I've always loved "World Turning" onstage because I wanted to hear Mick & John & Lindsey & Christine jam, & that's one of the few times that they really got to stretch out & improvise. Some of the licks they concocted over the course of several tours were very clever, very creative; Christine used to play brief bits of the Chopin Funeral March on her electronic piano, & she & Lindsey parroted each other playfully.

Mick's bongo solo was only a small part of the evening's improvisation on "World Turning." Listen to the parts that surround the bongo solo. And listen to the impressive dynamic range of the band in action (from a hush to a howl). It's quintessential Fleetwood Mac.