View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Black as night...

Monday Morning - Yea, I do see the similarity between this and Second Hand News in the sense that they're both rocking, "happy-sounding" album starters. Great to wake you up in the mornings and put you into a good mood to start the day with! It's basically a kick-ass song! And yes, the live intro. absolutely rocks, Lindsey banging away at the pick-ups of his guitar!

Blue Letter - My favourite non-FM-written FM song...brilliant! The fast-paced rhythm is so cool...just makes you wanna drive with it blasting..! Another rocker!!

Crystal - This is ok, but I prefer the B/N version 1000 times over this: his voice sounds better, and the song sounds "less produced", which somehow makes it better for me.

World Turning - I like the album version of this song, it rocks. But I don't like the live versions because they just go on and on and on.....I'm sure many people like the idea of Mick Fleetwood going out on the front of the stage with more coke in him than the drinks dispenser at the movies and banging on a drum like a madman...but it does nothing for me other than to press "fast-forward" or "skip"...

I'm So Afraid - I'm probably the second biggest fan of this song out of all the Ledgies .....yea...it's awesome...there's no other word. The album version is probably the darkest sounding one, it's got this haunting atmosphere that the live ones don't (they place it perfectly on the FM Behind The Music). However, the live versions, primarily The Dance, are my favourite versions. One of my favourite guitar solos of all time...a perfect example of "Music is a means of expression that rings truer and is more connected to things inside than speech."

Fav. song: I'm So Afraid.

Fav. lyrics: The entire lyrics to I'm So Afraid.

Last edited by seteca; 08-20-2002 at 07:40 AM..