View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 09:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Questions to ponder...

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
...now that on the surface, there seems to be no animosity among it's members...

1) DO the members of Fleetwood Mac NEED a solo career anymore? Why?

2) Do you think the band wasted time that they can't get back due to their solo careers?

3) Are the "sum of the parts" better?

4) Which, if any, ex-members would you NOT be just horrendously offended by if they rejoined the band? (not counting Christine)
1. Speaking solely about Lindsey & Stevie I don't think a solo career for them is so much a necessity of $$$ as it is a necessity of having so much to say and just not enough time to say it in on the few and far between Mac albums we seem to be getting of late. In my personal opinion I need them to have a solo career because I love their music with or without the band. Lindsey's OOTC & GOS are two of my all-time favorite records.

2. Yes and no. I can see that time was wasted by the person touring or focusing on their solo album simply because they weren't focusing on furthering the group. However, I'd like to think that just because one was gone the others didn't feel that was good enough reason to put everything else on hold. That member can always pick up and carry on once their solo work was complete.

3. IMO, yes. As much as I love Lindsey and Stevie solo there is nothing like the Mac as a whole. Together they make music that just can't be compared to anyone else.

4. Without a question Rick Vito. He's an amazing guitarist and such an asset to any band he's with. I really would have liked to see another FM album released with Rick. Billy would also be nice to have back. I loved his version of Oh Well from the Tango tour. And he is some nice eye candy! I think it would also be nice to see Peter Green perform with the group one more time.