
12-14-2006, 07:03 PM
|
 |
Addicted Ledgie
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: at the railway station, waiting
Posts: 7,804
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Well friends, I think it's time.
Ever since Cash's last surgery, 24 days ago, he's never (for the most part) been able to keep solid food down. He tries, but it usually can't stay down, even with meds for nausea. He's become pretty lethargic(although he walked with us, playing golf on Monday. He even chased a couple of balls). Also, his breathing has become somewhat labored. I had to put earplugs in, to sleep last night, because I couldn't quit focusing on his breathing.
A few hours ago, I noticed his urine was either brown or red(I wasn't able to capture any of it). I WOULD'VE taken him in this evening, but "his" vet is off on Thursdays. I know it sounds silly, but we've been through SOOO much with her, that IF we're going to put him down, I want it to be with her.
So, I guess we're going to do one last blood and urine test, tomorrow, and if they're bad, we're going to put him down. We might do it, even if they're not.
If we do, one of the vet techs(with whom I've become friends, with her and her husband), has volunteered to drive his body to the pet crematory(if he's not driven there immediately, he'd be in a freezer til they come pick him up, and she has issues with that [I'd told her that I hated the thought of driving with his body], so she volunteered).
If the blood and urine tests come out okay, I MIGHT chicken out tomorrow(although I doubt I will).
I can't imagine saying goodbye to him.
|
 I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say, but you know how I feel.
I just hope you're at peace with your decision and if you do decide that's what needs to be done, that everything for him (and you) is as painless as possible.
I hate this for you. Again, you know if there is anything you need, I (and I'm sure the rest of us) are here for you when you need it. 
__________________
|