View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I thought exactly the same thing, although I never heard about any comment from Lindsey about it. The 3 Brits are front and center, with Buckingham/Nicks in the background.
Sorry to do this in Chris's forum, but I found the article with that same photo by H. W. Worthington III, 1976 -- It's from Rolling Stone, Dec 16-23, 1999 (Special Photo Edition) p. 120.

"This is quite early on, pre-Rumours," says Lindsey Buckingham, "and I think we were right on that cusp where we had had some success and knew something was coming. We weren't sure what it was, but we knew things were going to change. I think you can see, from just the placement of the people in the picture, that Stevie and I were still kinda new kids. We both look pretty contemplative here, like it's in our minds that one of the things that's going to change as this Fleetwood Mac thing evolves is our relationship, and that maybe the signs are already in front of us, the writing is on the wall. In Mick's case, you can see a lot of the focus and the obsession to make this Fleetwood Mac thing fly coming from him -- to his credit. There's a lot of excitement that doesn't show in this photo, but the underlying things are the things we realized we were going to have to give up for that. That's show business -- that's the way it works." H.W. Worthington ended up having a long relationship with Fleetwood Mac, doing three of their album covers and many more for Stevie Nicks' solo career. "They were fabulous subjects," he says. "Look at Rumours. They look like cartoon characters -- every one of them."