Thread: Lost My Cool
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
you wanna hear about losing it? I'm relatively sure my recent calls with United Van Lines will surface on the Internet as another "crazy caller lady"

I have been so rage-filled lately as the stress of my move mounts - I finally lost it on Friday when they tried to delay my shipment yet again. I get mad then inevitably feel like an ass. Perhaps I need an anger management class
I think moving is in the top 5 of most stressful events. Having a new job is another.
Can you buy yourself a massage?

I once lost it with Sprint over an identity theft—Sprint had allowed someone else to open an old account of mine, and the resulting bill had gone into collections. I was a few days from my due date with my son, and I got so upset, I thougt I was going to go into labor. Until I finally burst into tears, and told them I was 9 months pregnant, the customer service reps were laughing at my anger. After that, they were a little more helpful. It is very frustrating to get any answers, from the uninformed, powerless reps, and of course, that is how the companies mostly want it to be.

Now, with telemarketers, I wouldn't expect them to be helpful, and I think you can just tell them you are on the "Do Not Call List". A friend of mine tells them he is interested, and to hold on a minute. Then, he just goes about his business so they can hear him having his dinner, or talking with friends. Isn't that beautiful, and evil?

Last edited by ragandbone; 07-18-2006 at 12:42 PM..