View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I hope so too - I mean I hope she sticks first and foremost - but my faith in that is low

Why oh why out of everything to focus on are people so damn intent on demonizing homosexuals? It really makes NO sense to me at ALL.
Enemy. People need an enemy. Not even Muslims are a big enough target for the seething and seemingly endless rage and fear. They will always want a target at home too. I wish I knew why. Human nature ? All I can say is that most of the people who spout this stuff are led there.

Quote:
AND Worse...what kind of a religious leader would advocate hatred and dissent based on their religion and Bible...but that seems to be the majority
Lowest common denominator, I suppose. It's all about good and evil, black and white. Like I said, people love a target. They want to fight something. And they want to see it as they take it down.

Quote:
I was taught by religious leaders in my community growing up that the Bible is NOT a weapon, is NOT a tool of derision...it's a guide.

And as for my own religiousity - well I hope that the few people like that woman and myself and others that will affect change..maybe not tomorrow - but someday
You were lucky. Fight the good fight. Spread the word. To badly paraphrase Bon Jovi, "You give religion a good name !"

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.