Originally Posted by dino
Got this message from the Oh Well forum:

"I had the pleasure of working with Mark Feltham recently (Rory Gallagher's
harmonica player) and as he knows most of that London crowd I asked him if
he'd run into Peter lately. He said Peter is not a well man at this
moment, which is rather sad to hear. Mark reckoned he shouldn't have been
pout back out on the road at all. Maybe we're all asking too much off him."

Sad indeed.
Touring is an exhausting experience even for people in good mental health...It would be great if Peter decides to makes some studio recordings though.
Yes and no.

Remember, Peter does have a diagnosis of schizophrenia. It's a pattern. Peter has "been well" in the past, then had his downs. He's down right now, but he'll likely appear to be better in the future. Thing is, it really doesn't matter how much or how little one does, relapses in mental health can happen. Usually being busy actually helps, but not always. So I don't know how much touring would affect his mental health. In fact, it could be argued that Peter was better when he was touring because he was so busy focusing on everything he had to do that he didn't have much time to "listen to the voices," which certainly is not the case when he's off the road and not working on a project.

As a social worker who works with severely mentally ill people on a daily basis, I see that people tend to "get worse" when they are not busy. If they're working on making something happen, and are compliant with their medications, then they usually do much better.

THE Stephen Hopkins