View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
The Boogeyman (I still get scared when I'm alone in the house. The basement is my main issue.)

I'm not really scared of the boogeyman per se....but I am scared of being alone. When my husband leaves for a weekend (which is rare, so this may be why..ppl who are used to being by themselves I don't think get this way as much) I lock my bedroom door. I've even been known to put a chair under the knob. I'm terrified of someone breaking in. I have two dogs that are barkers to the core. I'm scared of someone breaking in and having to decide what I am going to do with them. Am I going to hide in the closet with them and risk the intruder hearing them bark..(ha..risk it? It's a certainty LOL) or leave them out and have to listen to them get killed. I guess it's the same (or similar) to having a child and them crying. You can tell I've given this some thought from time to time! It's been an ongoing dilemma that terrifies me and I hope I'm never in that position....but it's makes me nauseous thinking about it.

o.k....ramble ramble...