View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Well, no. I think it's too soon for so many people to be allowed back. With all of the dry mold and spores in the air, it's unsafe. Don't forget how the government said the air in New York was fine after 9/11 and all of the health problems that resulted from that rank BS.
That mols spore cr*p is just that - ca*p. People have been living with that in NOLA since it was founded. But, it makes good copy. I mean all that cr*p about "if you get in the bad water - you will get sick" was cr*p - I mean how many people actually got sick from exposure to that water? I can think of none reported and remember it was predicted that thousands would die from it? Henny Jenny anyone

Also and again, many areas were uneffected - so other than a threat from Rita, I say let the people there go back to their homes and begin the process of rebuilding.

On edit - the 9/11 air was contaminated by the dust clouds formed when the buildings fell. These dust clouds contained large quantities of asbestos, pulverized glass and concrete, radioactive material from smoke alarms, silicone from computers, etc., all of which is not in the NOLA scenario

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 09-19-2005 at 11:01 PM..