Thread: Katrina
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Having lived through many of these - I can tell you people deliberatly do not evcuate with the thought of looting in their heads the whole time. They are looting the mansions on St. Charles and someone, perhaps the police or the owners, are shooting them. Also, if you do not protect your home, they will kill you and/or rape you and not just women. I know that sounds harsh, but I have seen it. Scary stuff.
I will never understand why people disregard the force of mother nature. I mean, you are completely at her mercy. Why do people risk such things when their very lives are at stake if they are wrong??

If I was there, I would have left at first inclination that anything could happen. I get super panicky at those kinds of things.

If people are looting things that are vital, like water, I can understand moreso. But these people are stealing electronics, clothing, etc. Did you see that video of the female police officer trying to subdue the young guy who was looting? It would not surprise me if this a**hole tries to turn around and sue the police department!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .

Last edited by Mad4stevie; 08-30-2005 at 08:25 PM..