View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Unless the buyer takes steps to confirm that the distribution is approved by him then, by your own proclamation, you're "**** fans". If it's distributed without this knowledge, no amount of money given to him via concert tickets, albums purchases etc justifies stealing from him. If the buyer isn't willing to seek his approval then I think we need to start distinguishing between fans who see him as a machine for their listening pleasure and those who regard him as a person. I went into debt in order to see him in concert, he's certainly got value out of me as a fan but this is entirely different. If he wants you to hear it, he'll make that possible, if he doesn't then no matter how much we've given to him financially, no matter how good we decide it will be for his career, it still doesn't give us the right to steal. Despite how much I loved the demos we were exposed to last time, that should have never been possible. He was screwed over and with that in mind, it would have been better had we never been exposed to them. If this is at all similar then I don't blame the buyer quite the same as the seller, but the buyer (assuming they distribute) must take some responsibility in screwing over the person they otherwise claim they idolise and care about.
Are you saying that you don't listen to the GOS demos? Beause I thought you did. Did you seek out Lindsey's permission to listen to them?
I'm not saying any of this is right and my suggestion would be if you feel so strongly against it maybe you should contact Lindsey's management to let them know this auction is happening. If they want to do something about it, then they can.